Brazil vulnerable to missing World Cup
Tite was blunt after his unveiling as the new Brazil trainer, alert that the underperforming South North american giant reaches
risk of failing woefully to be eligible for the global world Cup.
Monday saw Tite appointed as Dunga’s alternative with five-time World Cup success Brazil languishing beyond the
CONMEBOL qualification spots for the 2018 competition in Russia.
Brazil has acquired two of its six qualifying complements so far to be seated a genuine point beyond your top five, while it failed to progress
beyond the merged group stage of the Copa America Centenario.
And while Tite — a championship champion with Corinthians in 2011 and 2015 — is concerned, the 55-year-old understands Brazil
has the quality to carefully turn things around.
“The emphasis is the qualification for the entire world Cup and we are not in the qualification zone,” Tite said. “You can find the risk
[of being out]. Unless you accept that, you will be fighting against truth.
“I am here because sadly the results did not come. But there is a prospect of us to expand and shoot for a spot. I
want the Brazilian team participating in and winning well. It would be ways to supply the Brazilian fans the joy I’m feeling now.”
Life under Tite are certain to get underway against Ecuador in World Cup qualifying in September, and when asked about his playing
style, Tite added: “The team doesn’t have to have Tite’s face, it needs to get Brazil’s face. It really is individual skills
allied to quality as a united team.”
Tite said Barcelona superstar Neymar won’t continue as captain also, preferring to turn his skippers.